Relief Support Pharmacist
Position: Relief Support Pharmacist Location: Louth/Meath Area
Schedule: Part Time Reporting To: Managing Pharmacist
Allcare support is a company which specialises in supporting Community Pharmacies to deliver excellent personalised care to their community. The Allcare Pharmacy group is a network of pharmacies throughout Ireland which strive for customer service excellence where staff focus on their core skill of providing expert medical care, advice and value to their patients and customers.
Purpose of Role:
To support the Managing Pharmacist in the running of the dispensary in a busy and challenging environment. Working to agreed operating procedures within the pharmacy to maintain the highest ethical standards and deliver excellent customer care.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To strictly observe the statutory regulations relating to the supply of medicinal products as per the pharmacy Act 2007.
- To adhere to dispensing standard operating procedures and ensure maintenance of the appropriate records and hygiene within the pharmacy as per the Pharmacy Act 2008.
- To ensure that any issues of a Health and Safety nature are brought to the attention of the managing pharmacist.
- To fulfil the required advisory role in relation to over the counter medicines and ensure that staff on the medicine counter are aware of the procedure for counter prescribing and their limitations.
- Ensure that the proper procedure for the various Department of Health Schemes e.g. DPS, LTI, GMS is carried out and that they are kept up to date, submitted properly at the end of each month and payment is reconciled as set down by Company Procedures.
- Maintain appropriate stock levels in the Pharmacy ensuring the correct storage and monitoring of dated products.
- Assume full responsibility during the absence of the Pharmacist for supervising the pharmacy in the provision of medicinal products.
- To ensure that the Pharmacy is kept clean and tidy and any Health and Safety issues are brought promptly to the attention of the Pharmacy Manager.
- To ensure while on duty the highest standards of care and service is delivered.
- To understand, support and participate in the retail operation of the Pharmacy.
- To participate in training and development programmes provided by the pharmacy.
- To keep abreast of all changes to registration and PSI practice guidance.
- Any other duties as required
Leadership & Teamwork
- Provide support to other stakeholders within the pharmacy and throughout the Allcare Network to ensure the delivery of company goals.
- This role requires a high level of pro-activity and an ability to work on own initiative.
- Build positive relationships with others in the pharmacy to create a positive working environment.
- Participate in staff training programmes and implementation and be proactive in developing the role function.
- Giving education & training programmes within the Pharmacy.
- To assist the managing pharmacist in programmes of Health Promotion and the implementation of Pharmaceutical Care.
We are passionate about exceeding expectations:
- making our community pharmacies the local destination of choice
- building relationships in the community/being a key contact with the public to help grow the business
- Delivering customer service to the highest quality
- Provide the Managing Pharmacist and Business Manager with regular updates including challenges, gaps and opportunities and drive the business plan as required.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills Required
- 2 years post- registration experience in a similar role.
- Member of the Pharmaceutical Society of Ireland.
- Excellent attention to detail is essential.
- Highly organised with a proven ability to work on multiple tasks accurately in a busy environment.
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Flexible and willing to engage fully with all elements of the operation of the Pharmacy.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills are essential.
- Discretion when addressing customer queries and to treat customer/patient information confidentially.
- Good IT skills are an advantage.
Customer Focused – Excellent Interpersonal skills, ensure that every contact is meaningful for the customer
Innovation Hungry – A creative thinker, an ability to come up with new ideas and make things better
Ambitious & competitive – Competitor aware with a can do attitude
One Company, Local Roots – Seek out opportunities to adopt best practice & adapt within your pharmacy
Speed – Solutions focused, enjoys working in a fast paced and challenging work environment
Trust – We are reliable and transparent to deal with. We deliver for others and trust others to do likewise. We are looking for a committed, honest and open person.
If you are interested in applying for the above role please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org