Supervising Pharmacist – KCR
Allcare support is a company which specialises in supporting Community Pharmacies to deliver excellent personalised care to their community. The Allcare Pharmacy group is a network of pharmacies throughout Ireland which strive for customer service excellence where staff focus on their core skill of providing expert medical care, advice and value to their patients and customers.
Purpose of Role:
To provide pharmacy services as set out in the Community Pharmacy Contractor Agreement for the Provision of Community Pharmacy Services and in accordance with the ethical standards and established practice of the profession of pharmacy. Working to agreed operating procedures within the pharmacy to maintain the highest ethical standards and deliver excellent customer care. Working with the Store Manager of the Pharmacy, overseeing of all duties involved in running the Pharmacy and managing staff within the Pharmacy and operate the Pharmacy within agreed budgets and in line with defined Company KPIs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Strictly observe statutory regulations relating to the supply of medical products as per the Pharmacy Act 2007.
- To maintain the community pharmacy to a proper professional standard.
- To be involved where appropriate in programmes of Health Promotion and the implementation of Pharmaceutical Care.
- To partake in Continuing Education Programmes to enhance continuous professional development.
- To implement policies and procedures as introduced by Allcare Pharmacy and standard operating procedures.
- To maintain correct procedures for the handling, processing and control of cash and all receipts throughout the branch including safes and bank lodgements in accordance with the Company Cash Policy.
- To ensure that proper stock control is maintained and the correct receipt and documentation of all goods and services is upheld.
- To be responsible for the security of all stock, property, keys and the safety of all staff and customers.
- To observe the details as laid down in the Health and Safety of Work Act and that all staff adhere to the details.
- To monitor and make recommendations on the public’s attitude and perception of the pharmacy and to analyse and advise the company on a wide range of issues affecting its pharmacy and retail business.
- To ensure that details of the business are confidential and not divulged to persons outside the company without prior approval of Allcare Pharmacy.
- Ensure that the proper procedure for the various Department of Health Schemes e.g. DPS, LTI, GMS is carried out and that they are kept up to date, submitted properly at the end of each month and payment is reconciled as set down by Company Procedures.
- To ensure good retail standards and practices are in place and maintained, including: Category Management, Merchandising and Stock Control.
- To keep up to date with all changes to legislation and P.S.I. Practice guidance.