Supervising Pharmacist (40-50 hours) – O’Rourkes Allcare
About Allcare Pharmacy
Allcare support is a company which specialises in supporting Community Pharmacies to deliver excellent personalised care to their community. The Allcare Pharmacy group is a network of pharmacies throughout Ireland which strive for customer service excellence where staff focus on their core skill of providing expert medical care, advice and value to their patients and customers.
Purpose of Role:
To provide pharmacy services as set out in the Community Pharmacy Contractor Agreement for the Provision of Community Pharmacy Services and in accordance with the ethical standards and established practice of the profession of pharmacy. Working to agreed operating procedures within the pharmacy to maintain the highest ethical standards and deliver excellent customer care. Working with the Store Manager of the Pharmacy, overseeing of all duties involved in running the Pharmacy and managing staff within the Pharmacy and operate the Pharmacy within agreed budgets and in line with defined Company KPIs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Strictly observe statutory regulations relating to the supply of medical products as per the Pharmacy Act 2007.
- To maintain the community pharmacy to a proper professional standard.
- To be involved where appropriate in programmes of Health Promotion and the implementation of Pharmaceutical Care.
- To partake in Continuing Education Programmes to enhance continuous professional development.
- To implement policies and procedures as introduced by Allcare Pharmacy and standard operating procedures.
- To maintain correct procedures for the handling, processing and control of cash and all receipts throughout the branch including safes and bank lodgements in accordance with the Company Cash Policy.
- To ensure that proper stock control is maintained and the correct receipt and documentation of all goods and services is upheld.
- To be responsible for the security of all stock, property, keys and the safety of all staff and customers.
- To observe the details as laid down in the Health and Safety of Work Act and that all staff adhere to the details.
- To monitor and make recommendations on the public’s attitude and perception of the pharmacy and to analyse and advise the company on a wide range of issues affecting its pharmacy and retail business.
- To ensure that details of the business are confidential and not divulged to persons outside the company without prior approval of Allcare Pharmacy.
- Ensure that the proper procedure for the various Department of Health Schemes e.g. DPS, LTI, GMS is carried out and that they are kept up to date, submitted properly at the end of each month and payment is reconciled as set down by Company Procedures.
- To ensure good retail standards and practices are in place and maintained, including: Category Management, Merchandising and Stock Control.
- To keep up to date with all changes to legislation and P.S.I. Practice guidance.
- Any other duties as required.
Leadership & Teamwork
- To lead by example, coaching other staff to ensure a professional and efficient customer service is delivered at all times.
- To develop a culture where innovation, flexibility and ambition are fostered.
- To lead the team ensuring co-operation and flexibility is exhibited by all Employees.
- To train and motivate the pharmacy staff and ensure that they maximise their relationship with the public, colleagues, suppliers and other Health Care professionals.
- To ensure that the Company Standards, as set down, are adhered to by all staff.
- To ensure that the provision of appropriate staff is available to maintain the effective operation of the pharmacy to agreed payroll budgets.
- To foster a culture of customer centric thinking derived from Allcare pharmacy policies.
We are passionate about exceeding expectations:
- making our community pharmacies the local destination of choice
- building relationships in the community/being a key contact with the public with a view to growing the business
- Delivering customer service to the highest quality
- Provide the Business Territory Manager with regular updates including challenges, gaps and opportunities and drive the business plan as required.
Ambition and Competitiveness
Bringing energy and passion to your work and always aiming to offer the best customer experience in the local and national market.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills Required
- 3-4 years’ experience an advantage
- Member of the Pharmaceutical Society of Ireland, with a minimum of 3 years Post-registration experience.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong communication, Interpersonal and leadership skills
- Highly organised with a proven ability to work on multiple tasks accurately in a busy environment
- Ability to work on own initiative & as part of a team are essential
Customer Focused – Excellent Interpersonal skills, ensure that every contact is meaningful for the customer
Innovation Hungry – A creative thinker, an ability to come up with new ideas and make things better
Ambitious & competitive – Competitor aware with a can do attitude
One Company, Local Roots – Seek out opportunities to adopt best practice & adapt within your pharmacy
Speed – Solutions focused, enjoys working in a fast paced and challenging work environment
Trust – We are reliable and transparent to deal with. We deliver for others and trust others to do likewise. We are looking for a committed, honest and open person.