Retail Manager – Fulltime – KCR
Allcare Management Services
Allcare is a company which specialises in supporting Community Pharmacies to deliver excellent personalised care to their community. Allcare supports the pharmacies by providing the back office services to allow the pharmacists focus on their core skill of providing expert medical care, advice and value to their patients and customers.
Purpose of Role:
Lead the sales team to deliver to the best in class retail standards in the front of counter operation. Manage the front of counter retail business and team. Strive to deliver front of counter sales targets as budgeted and agreed with the Business Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To ensure the Pharmacy is maintained in line with Company Standards and that pharmacy sales staff are clear on their duties and the standards of performance to be achieved.
- To ensure excellent retail standards and practices are in place and maintained, including: Category Management, Merchandising, Stock Control, rotation of stock, use of designated suppliers and following of Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s).
- To maintain correct procedures for the handling, processing and control of cash and all receipts throughout the Pharmacy including safes and bank lodgements in accordance with the Company Cash Policy. To address cash handling issue with staff as required in the appropriate manner. To ensure that proper receipt and documentation of all goods and services is upheld.
- Ensure that the proper procedure for the various Department of Health Schemes e.g. DPS, LTI, GMS is carried out and that they are kept up to date, submitted properly at the end of each month and payment is reconciled as set down by Company Procedures.
- To execute product promotions in the Pharmacy.
- To implement policies and procedures as introduced by Allcare Management Services and follow standard operating procedures.
- To be responsible for the security of all stock, property, keys and the safety of all staff and customers.
- To ensure that the Pharmacy is kept clean and tidy, with cleaning duties delegated and monitored, and any Health and Safety issues are brought promptly to the attention of the Pharmacy Manager.
- To ensure that details of the business are kept confidential and not divulged to any persons outside the Company without prior approval of Allcare Management Services.
- To monitor and make recommendations on the public’s attitude and perception of the pharmacy. To analyse and advise the company on a wide range of issues affecting its pharmacy and retail business.
- To adhere to agreed budgets as stipulated by Allcare Management Services.
- To observe the details as laid down in the Health and Safety of Work Act and that all staff adhere to the details.
- To ensure that the Front of Counter Operation is efficient using all feedback to the Managing Pharmacist & Business Territory Manager on opportunities to improve rostering in order to maximise profitability.