Retail Manager – 40 hours – Mounttown
Position: Retail Manager
Schedule: Full Time Reporting To: Territary Manager
Allcare Management Services
Allcare is a company which specialises in supporting Community Pharmacies to deliver excellent personalised care to their community. Allcare supports the pharmacies by providing the back office services to allow the pharmacists focus on their core skill of providing expert medical care, advice and value to their patients and customers.
Purpose of Role:
Lead the sales team to deliver to the best in class retail standards in the front of counter operation. Manage the front of counter retail business and team. Strive to deliver front of counter sales targets as budgeted and agreed with the Business Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To ensure the Pharmacy is maintained in line with Company Standards and that pharmacy sales staff are clear on their duties and the standards of performance to be achieved.
- To ensure excellent retail standards and practices are in place and maintained, including: Category Management, Merchandising, Stock Control, rotation of stock, use of designated suppliers and following of Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s).
- To maintain correct procedures for the handling, processing and control of cash and all receipts throughout the Pharmacy including safes and bank lodgements in accordance with the Company Cash Policy. To address cash handling issue with staff as required in the appropriate manner. To ensure that proper receipt and documentation of all goods and services is upheld.
- Ensure that the proper procedure for the various Department of Health Schemes e.g. DPS, LTI, GMS is carried out and that they are kept up to date, submitted properly at the end of each month and payment is reconciled as set down by Company Procedures.
- To execute product promotions in the Pharmacy.
- To implement policies and procedures as introduced by Allcare Management Services and follow standard operating procedures.
- To be responsible for the security of all stock, property, keys and the safety of all staff and customers.
- To ensure that the Pharmacy is kept clean and tidy, with cleaning duties delegated and monitored, and any Health and Safety issues are brought promptly to the attention of the Pharmacy Manager.
- To ensure that details of the business are kept confidential and not divulged to any persons outside the Company without prior approval of Allcare Management Services.
- To monitor and make recommendations on the public’s attitude and perception of the pharmacy. To analyse and advise the company on a wide range of issues affecting its pharmacy and retail business.
- To adhere to agreed budgets as stipulated by Allcare Management Services.
- To observe the details as laid down in the Health and Safety of Work Act and that all staff adhere to the details.
- To ensure that the Front of Counter Operation is efficient using all feedback to the Managing Pharmacist & Business Territory Manager on opportunities to improve rostering in order to maximise profitability.
- Any other duties as required.
Leadership & Teamwork
- To lead by example, coaching other staff to ensure a professional and efficient customer service is delivered at all times.
- To develop a culture where innovation, flexibility and ambition are fostered.
- To lead the team ensuring co-operation and flexibility is exhibited by all Employees.
- To foster a culture of customer centric thinking derived from Allcare policies.
We are passionate about exceeding expectations:
- making our community pharmacies the local destination of choice
- Delivering customer service to the highest quality
- Provide the Managing Pharmacist and Business Manager with regular updates including challenges, gaps and opportunities and drive the business plan as required.
Ambition and Competitiveness
Bringing energy and passion to your work and always aiming to offer the best customer experience in the local and national market.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills Required
- 3 years retail Pharmacy experience, with 1-2 years management experience preferable.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- Excellent ability to motivate a team
- Organised and flexible with a proven ability to multi-task successfully in a busy environment.
- Discretion is an essential part of managing our relationships with colleagues and customers.
- Business acumen and excellent problem solving ability, looking for ways to overcome blocks and implement solutions.
- Ability to build strong internal relationships with the pharmacy team and other stakeholders.
Customer Focused – Excellent Interpersonal skills, ensure that every contact is meaningful for the customer
Innovation Hungry – A creative thinker, an ability to come up with new ideas and make things better
Ambitious & competitive – Competitor aware with a can do attitude
One Company, Local Roots – Seek out opportunities to adopt best practice & adapt within your pharmacy
Speed – Solutions focused, enjoys working in a fast paced and challenging work environment
Trust – We are reliable and transparent to deal with. We deliver for others and trust others to do likewise. We are looking for a committed, honest and open person.